While Biloxi, Mississippi, offers numerous recreational opportunities, perhaps the most famous is deep sea fishing. Fishing enthusiasts from around the country flock to the Gulf Coast area of Mississippi to take advantage of the exciting opportunities the region offers. If you’re serious about fishing for trophies or just want to enjoy a day on the water, hiring deep sea fishing charters should be at the top of your to-do list.
Planning Your Charter Fishing Trip
It pays to book your offshore fishing trip in advance, especially if you’re planning a trip during one of the busier seasons. While we always try to accommodate our clients’ needs, there are times when we’re fully booked. If you’re unsure about the best times to schedule a charter, contact the experienced team at Side Bet so we can talk about it.
Because different fish species are caught at various times, it pays to know what types of fish will be in season. If you’re fishing for a specific type of fish, we’ll help you decide when those fish are most likely to be caught in the Gulf. Here’s a brief guide to the various types of fish you can expect to catch throughout the year.
- The season starts in February. Since the water is colder, many Gulf fish will have migrated to warmer waters. One exception is the Yellowfin Tuna. Yellowfin winter in the area but tend to stay where the water is warmer. That means they’ll cluster around oil rigs or certain rock formations. We track their movements and help our clients land some great fish.
- In April, shallow water Grouper can be fished along with the tuna. In addition, Cobia start migrating back to the area as the water warms. Since the weather determines when the Cobia varieties return, it always pays to stay in touch if you’re looking for an early season deep-sea fishing adventure.
- By May, the water is warm, and we’ll see great fishing for tuna, Wahoo, and mackerel. White Snapper are also around, and Triggerfish have made their appearance. That means you’ll have plenty of chances to fill your cooler and enjoy some truly great eating or catch that trophy.
- June brings the Snapper season. The season for Red Snapper is limited, but Side Bet experts will always do our best to let you know when to book your trip and get ready for some wonderful fishing. During this time of the year, there are several varieties to fish for both in shallow areas and well into the deep water.
- Things get even more exciting in July, as the Gag Grouper season opens. Most fishing experts recommend fishing during this time of the year because there are several species to fish for in both shallow and deep water. Yes, that means we’re in our busy season, but we’ll always do everything possible to schedule another trip!
- August continues to offer prime fishing opportunities, and the Gulf Coast waters are often calm. That creates some of the best deep-sea fishing conditions anyone could hope for along the Gulf Coast.
- While things slow down a little during September and October, we still enjoy great weather and good fishing conditions. Amberjack season reopens when Snapper season closes, so there are great opportunities to land the fish you’ve always dreamed about.
Feel free to get in touch and find out what the best options are for that deep-sea fishing trip you’ve been waiting for. We’re always happy to work with you to ensure your trip is memorable and, more importantly, fun.
Be Prepared Once a Fishing Trip is Booked
After your trip is booked, take the time to list everything you’ll need to bring. We provide the gear you’ll need to land your trophy, but there are plenty of items you’ll need to bring. Here is a partial list of items to have available.
- Medications. That means both prescription medications and over-the-counter products. To be on the safe side, bring some sea sickness medications because we can’t guarantee what types of conditions Mother Nature will toss at us.
- Appropriate clothing. Because we’ll be in the sun for quite a while, it’s always a good idea to bring clothes that will cover your body to prevent sunburn. That includes a long-sleeve shirt and a wide-brim hat.
- Don’t forget your camera! On your deep-sea fishing expedition, it’s likely several photo opportunities will come up that you’ll want to capture. Your saltwater fishing trip is bound to be one you’ll want to remember for years to come.
- We know you’ll need a large ice chest to keep your catch fresh. Ask us about specific recommendations for your trip, as the type of fish we’ll be looking for dictate how much cold storage might be needed.
- Plan to bring some energy food. Deep-sea fish put up quite a battle, and we want to make sure you’re ready to meet the challenge. Of course, we’re also here if you need help landing a larger fish.
If there are other items you might need for specific times of the year, we’ll let you know. Our goal is to make sure you have the best fishing experience of your life, and we’ll do whatever is necessary to make sure that happens.
Get Started By Contacting Side Bet Today
To make sure we can schedule your trip at a time that’s convenient for you, get in touch with Side Bet today. When you book your blue water fishing trip in advance, there’s no question we’ll be available to make your trip a real adventure.
If you’re looking to catch a specific species, let us know so we can determine which fishing dates allow the best odds of catching that trophy. At the same time, we recommend booking your lodgings in advance to ensure you have a room at the hotel you prefer.